Legal Counsel in Litigation UnitLuminor
- Esmane info
Join our team as a Legal Counsel!
Yes, you can! That's our attitude towards our work, ambitions, ideas and relationships. We, at Luminor, believe that anyone has the potential to achieve big things and we encourage everyone to achieve them – professionally and personally.
Your main role is legal support in litigation and advisory function for the various stakeholders in Luminor Group, as well as to provide legal support to any additional ad-hoc legal assignments requested by the manager. The position has day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing and controlling all legal support related activities in assigned area/areas in the country and/or cross-countries ensuring compliance and alignment with all applicable EU and national legal requirements and Luminor Group policies, procedures and other internal documentation.
What You Will Do:
- Provide high quality and timely legal support to Luminor Group and to separate internal stakeholders;
- Ensure efficiency in the proposals, aiming for the beneficial solutions to Luminor Group;
- Actively participate and contribute to Legal team, share knowledge and experience, explore synergies;
- Ensure continuous improvements in collaboration and processes, initiating and following up necessary improvements in the dedicated areas;
- Draft and review procedural documents of litigation proceedings, legal opinions, agreements and other legal documentation related to the responsibility area of the unit, as well as internal procedures and instructions in a timely manner and with high quality;
- Participate in different Luminor Group projects giving required legal input;
- Provide legal support in relation to loan restructuring and debt collection and negotiations with customers in non-regular cases;
- Cooperate with external legal support providers (law offices, sworn advocates, lawyers);
- Provide reference materials for other departments;
- Provide legal opinions to the stakeholders for making the case strategy, decision making bodies and business units;
- Consult and advise other departments on legal matters;
- Represent Luminor group companies before state authorities, courts, arbitration courts, associations, customers and other persons;
- Build trust in Legal function by providing valuable solutions and professional legal support;
What We Expect:
- Bachelor's in Law is needed
- Previous experience in litigation field would be an advantage
- Minimums 3 years of previous experience in the legal field
- Ability to align work on a Pan-Baltic level
- Fluent English and Estonian is a must have
What We Offer:
- Flexibility. Flexible working hours, remote work and possibility to work from anywhere in EU, Iceland, Switzerland and UK (in total 90 days per year)
- International teams. Teams that go outside Pan-Baltic borders where people value challenging work together with good humour and having fun
- More vacation. Additional week of vacation available to all employees who have been in the company for 1 year or more
- Volunteer time off. We care about giving back to society, therefore, you will get additional days off for volunteering purposes
- Paid leave. We are proud of our employees who are participating in military trainings. Therefore, Luminor offers 30 fully paid calendar days for military trainings every year
- Health benefits. A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary that includes health insurance after first 3 months mass in all three Baltic sates as well as Health days in case of your absence due to sickness without doctor note needed
- Wellbeing. Access to tools and resources that help to feel good and be productive at work and in life
- Professional growth. Internal and external training programs, workshops, conferences, online training etc.
- Gross salary. Starting from 2900 EUR/month, which is to be determined depending on your level of experience and competencies
Application deadline is 28th of April. We are looking for a candidate primarily already located within Baltics and please apply with your CV in English
- Tallinn, Harjumaa, Eesti
Liivalaia 45, 10145, Tallinn
Luminor is the leading independent bank in the Baltics and the third-largest provider of financial services in our region. We serve the financial needs of individuals, families, and companies. Just like our home markets of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania we are young, dynamic, and forward looking.
Luminor has a strong and capable team that is committed to achieving our strategic objectives. We are dedicated to supporting sustainable growth in the Baltic region by providing a long-term commitment to businesses and individuals.