Senior Legal CounselLuminor
- Esmane info
Join our team as a Senior Legal Counsel!
Yes, you can! That's our attitude towards our work, ambitions, ideas and relationships. We, at Luminor, believe that anyone has the potential to achieve big things and we encourage everyone to achieve them – professionally and personally.
Whoever you are, and whatever your role is, with Luminor you will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to literally build a local banking champion. We're looking for Senior Legal Counsel who will support and advise Luminor colleaguesin Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania working in Procurement, Partnership, Communication, Group Finance, IT, HR and Governance areas. The position has day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing and controlling all legal support related activities in assigned area/areas in the country and/or cross-countries ensuring compliance and alignment with all applicable EU and national legal requirements and Luminor Group policies, procedures and other internal documentation.
Luminor is offering employment for people displaced by the invasion of Ukraine. We are a dynamic, Pan-Baltic bank with a diverse team and have a number of great professional opportunities available both in business and support functions.
What You Will Do:
- Provide high quality and timely legal support to Luminor Group and to internal stakeholders
- Draft legal opinions, agreements and other legal documentation in a timely manner and with high quality
- Develop agreements’ templates, which would reflect Luminor culture and business needs
- Ensure efficiency in the proposals, aiming for the beneficial solutions to Luminor Group
- Actively participate and contribute to Baltic Legal team, share knowledge and experience, explore synergies
- Ensure continuous improvements in collaboration and processes, initiating and following up necessary improvements in the dedicated areas
- Participate in different Luminor Group projects providing legal support, in case of need – take project management lead
- Build trust in Group legal function by providing valuable solutions and professional legal support, ensuring effective cooperation and satisfaction with the services provided
What We Expect:
- At least Master's degree in Law and proven record of continuous professional development
- Fluent English and Estonian is required in spoken and written communication
- Good understanding of legal framework applicable for dedicated areas and banking sector overall
- At least 3 years experience working with legal governance, oversight, control, risk management in financial sector
- Good communication skills and ability to act as advisor for stakeholders
- Ability to adjust requirements of regulatory environment to the organization and country specifics
- Ability to combine high level analytical and strategic thinking capability with hands-on approach
What We Offer:
- Flexibility. Flexible working hours, remote work and possibility to work from anywhere in EU, Iceland, Switzerland and UK (in total 90 days per year)
- International teams. Teams that go outside Pan-Baltic borders where people value challenging work together with good humour and having fun
- More vacation. Additional week of vacation available to all employees who have been in the company for 1 year or more
- Volunteer time off. We care about giving back to society, therefore, you will get additional days off for volunteering purposes
- Health benefits. A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary that includes health insurance in Lithuania and Latvia, and Wellness package in Estonia. As well as, Health days in case of your absence due to sickness
- Wellbeing. Access to tools and resources that help to feel good and be productive at work and in life
- Professional growth. Internal and external training programs, workshops, conferences, online training etc.
Application deadline is 19th of February. We are looking for a candidate primarily already located within Estonia and please apply with your CV in English