Senior Data EngineerLuminor
- Esmane info
Join our team as a Senior Data Engineer!
Yes, you can! That's our attitude towards our work, ambitions, ideas and relationships. We, at Luminor, believe that anyone has the potential to achieve big things and we encourage everyone to achieve them – professionally and personally.
Whoever you are, and whatever your role is, with Luminor you will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to literally build a local banking champion.
Luminor is offering employment for people displaced by the invasion of Ukraine. We are a dynamic, Pan-Baltic bank with a diverse team and have a number of great professional opportunities available both in business and support functions.
What You Will Do:
- Lead implementation according to guidelines and best practices, in order to design efficient databases
- Develop according to standards and best practices to design an effective and efficient database
- Develop data models and database structures as per requirements
- Collaborate across organization to ensure that BI&DW databases and systems are created according to master plan and data governance
- Evaluate software according to required standards and assist to setup based on required functionality and better practices from providers
- Document regular work according to the company and team rules
- Provide estimations on tasks to be performed and assist on high level estimations based on requirements
- Collaborate on internal trainings about BI&DW aiming for company to increase in data literacy
- Mentor junior data engineers and guide them in understanding BI&DW best practices and standards
What We Expect:
- Relation Database development experience and knowledge, advanced skills in two of mentioned: Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase IQ, Snowflake, S3 or Redshift
- 5+ years' experience as Data Engineer or Data Warehouse Developer role
- Experience and understanding on Software Delivery methodologies
- Deep understanding about BI/Data Warehouse methodologies and types
- Strong understanding in ETL principles and different techniques
- Experience or knowledge in DataOps and No-SQL databases will be considered as an advantage
- Previous experience from Banking or Financial Institutions
- Fluent English is required in spoken and written communication
- Bachelor Diploma in technology, engineering or mathematics
What We Offer:
- Flexibility. Flexible working hours, remote work and possibility to work from anywhere in EU, Iceland, Switzerland and UK (in total 90 days per year)
- International teams. Teams that go outside Pan-Baltic boarders where people value challenging work together with good humor and having fun
- More vacation. Additional week of vacation available to all employees who have been in the company for 1 year or more
- Volunteer time off. We care about giving back to society, therefore, you will get additional days off for volunteering purposes
- Health benefits. A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary that includes health insurance in Lithuania and Latvia, and Wellness package in Estonia. As well as Health days in case of your absence due to sickness
- Wellbeing. Access to tools and resources that help to feel good and be productive at work and in life
- Professional growth. Internal and external training programs, workshops, conferences, online training etc.
- Gross salary is to be determined depending on your level of experience and competencies
Application deadline is 29th January. We are looking for a candidate primarily already located within Baltics and please apply with your CV in English
€ 2300 – 3000