- Esmane info
NORDIC INVESTMENT BANK can offer you the chance to do banking that makes a difference. The projects that we finance serve to make the Nordic-Baltic region sustainable and competitive. Also, we are an International Financial Institution, which will give you the possibility to work with international experts at higher levels than elsewhere. The challenges you will face working at NIB are unique, providing you with valuable experiences on an international level. You will also get a view of the entire credit process. We are a close network of some 200 people located in the heart of Helsinki. The atmosphere is international and our official internal language is English.
The Risk & Compliance Department at NIB is seeking a
Senior Credit Officer/Credit Officer
to join the Credit Unit within the Risk & Compliance Department in Helsinki. The Risk & Compliance Department is responsible for the management, control and reporting of the Bank’s financial and non-financial risks to safeguard the quality of the Bank´s risk management including credit risks in line with NIB´s decided risk appetite.
The Credit Unit is responsible for the administration of the Bank´s Mandate, Credit and Compliance Committee, the Bank´s Credit Risk Policies and Guidelines, sign-off on credit related proposals to the Mandate, Credit and Compliance Committee/Board. Main tasks of the team also include responsibility for rating frameworks and rating tools and the Bank´s work-out matters. The position offers excellent insight into the Bank’s business activities as well as a unique opportunity to learn more about credit risk management. The Credit Officer reports to the Head of the Credit Unit.
• Assessment and sign-off on credit proposals prior to final decision in Mandate, Credit and Compliance Committee / Board of Directors
• Attending and participating in the Mandate, Credit and Compliance Committee administration work and meetings
• Development of the Bank’s credit frameworks including rating tools, credit policies, credit guidelines and credit control functions
• Monitoring of the Bank´s credit portfolio
• Education, communication, and information regarding credit frameworks, tools and credit policies and guidelines within the bank
Qualifications and Experience
• A Master’s degree in finance, economics, or another related field
• Relevant (5+ years) experience in banking/finance and/or from rating institutions including practical experience of credit risk assessment (experience from mid-caps would be an asset)
• Experience from banking, credit risk methodologies, rating tools, and risk-management concepts including relevant IT-skills
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team with several stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
• A strong verbal and written command of English (knowledge of Nordic/Baltic languages would be an asset)
• Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment with excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, detail-oriented and to multitask
We offer you
• A unique opportunity to work in a diversified team with credit risk experts
• An opportunity to work with other risk management experts in the Risk & Compliance department
• Demanding tasks with opportunity to develop both the breadth and depth of your professional skills and gain insights into the global capital markets
• The potential to develop the Bank’s Credit Risk management and control practices
• An international working environment and competitive remuneration package
• A new perspective on the financial industry based on NIB’s position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries
The position is located at the NIB headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
For more information about the position, contact Harry Peltonen, Head of Credit, +358 10 6180 481, email@example.com. For general information about employment at NIB, please contact Iina Leporanta-Varjus, HR Business Partner +358 10 6180 408, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the position and for more information about NIB, please visit www.nib.int (Jobs). The deadline for submitting your application is 31 August 2022. Applications will however be processed successively when received.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience. The Bank has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination, which includes discrimination on the basis of gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, family status, religion, health, political activities or any other comparable circumstance.
NIB is a professional expert organisation and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.